Saturday, February 25, 2012

Custom Conflict Resolver

Hi there,

I have created a custom conflict resolver for an article that is using Merge replication. I can register my custom resolver OK, I can change my merge article to use my new custom resolver, but when a conflict occures the replication monitor shows the following errors:

Error messages:

No signature was present in the subject.
(Source: MSSQL_REPL, Error number: MSSQL_REPL-2146762496)
Get help: http://help/MSSQL_REPL-2146762496

The Custom Resolver Component for article 'BRANCH' does not have a valid digital signature. (Source: MSSQL_REPL, Error number: MSSQL_REPL-2147198713)
Get help: http://help/MSSQL_REPL-2147198713

At first I thought it was because my assembly wasn't signed, so I signed it. I still get the same error.

I have various debug statements in the assembly and I can see that Initialize and HandleChangeStates gets called ok, but no other overrides.

Can anyone help me please?

Thanks

Graham

Hi Graham

When you added the article with sp_addmergearticle did you want the the signature verified?

[@.verify_resolver_signature = ] verify_resolver_signature

Specifies if a digital signature is verified before using a resolver in merge replication. verify_resolver_signature is int, with a default of 0. 0 specifies that the signature will not be verified. 1 specifies that the signature will be verified to see if it is from a trusted source.

See here for more info:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/tsqlref/ts_sp_repl_11et.asp

Thanks

Nabila Lacey

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

|||Hi there Gravy, i'm new in merge replication, conflict resolution, procedures and more.

I managed to make a replication from a PC to a PPC, and it works, but now i have conflicts updating colums, i never worked with procedures, and i'll have to do one to problaby solve my conflict cause i think i dont need any of the com based resolvers.

Could you explain me how i do a procedure to conflict resolver? if possible the steps, how can i get the publisher table and subscriber table with conflicts, ao can i make some calculations with them and put in the final column to be correct values.

If your could give me some procedure example, or your example, i would be greatfull.
I've read lots of Book online and foruns, and ive not discovered nothing that i need, but i think maybe you could help me.

Thanks in advance

No comments:

Post a Comment