Saturday, February 25, 2012

Custom Data Flow Component Column Mapping Question

Hi,

I'm having my first go at developing a destination adapter which will send data to an update Web Service.

I've got some rather big gaps in my understanding. I've been following the various samples I've found on the net and have validated my mapping and picked up all the available column names and datatypes which are appearing in the Input and Output Properties tab of the Advanced Editor but I only have a tab for "Input Columns" and not "Column Mappings".

Which method defines the availble columns for the user to map?

Let me know if I haven't given enough information.

cheers

sorry - I had searched already but somehow missed this post which answered my question: http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=239126&SiteID=1

I was having the same confusion about input and output, thinking that because i was creating a *destination* adapter, that I should be creating outputs not inputs [if that makes sense].

No comments:

Post a Comment