Saturday, February 25, 2012

Custom Conflict Viewer

Hi -I would like to create my own conflict viewer for a few reasons:
1. I am using MSDE
2. I would like to have more control over what is shown to the user
3. The application may store attachments in image fields (say they are
Excel spreadsheets), the user would like to view the content of the winning
and losing image fields (and see the spreadsheets) before they make a
decision on which would they want to keep.
Does anyone know what is the best way to go about it?
To get information on conflicts, it seems that I need to use the
following sprocs:
sp_helpmergearticleconflicts
sp_helpmergeconflictrows
sp_helpmergedeleteconflictrows
After I have this information, it seems that I need to get the table at
the publisher (I am using the default conflict resolver so the publisher
always win when I run the Merge agent) and its equivalent conflict table and
display them to the user (after some formatting). Am I on the right track?
Are there stored procedures or views to get the conflict table or do I just
reference it directly? Are there stored procedures to manipulate the
conflict table (so the conflict can be deleted after resolution).
Are there any libraries or controls out there that would accomplish
something similar?
Thank you,
Maer
the SQL 2000 resource kit is a good start. They have a chapter devoted to
this.
You can also examine the Microsoft SQL Replication Conflict Resolver
Library.
"Maer" <maer@.auditleverage.com> wrote in message
news:O1AjILFuEHA.4040@.TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> Hi -I would like to create my own conflict viewer for a few reasons:
> 1. I am using MSDE
> 2. I would like to have more control over what is shown to the user
> 3. The application may store attachments in image fields (say they are
> Excel spreadsheets), the user would like to view the content of the
winning
> and losing image fields (and see the spreadsheets) before they make a
> decision on which would they want to keep.
> Does anyone know what is the best way to go about it?
> To get information on conflicts, it seems that I need to use the
> following sprocs:
> sp_helpmergearticleconflicts
> sp_helpmergeconflictrows
> sp_helpmergedeleteconflictrows
> After I have this information, it seems that I need to get the table
at
> the publisher (I am using the default conflict resolver so the publisher
> always win when I run the Merge agent) and its equivalent conflict table
and
> display them to the user (after some formatting). Am I on the right track?
> Are there stored procedures or views to get the conflict table or do I
just
> reference it directly? Are there stored procedures to manipulate the
> conflict table (so the conflict can be deleted after resolution).
> Are there any libraries or controls out there that would accomplish
> something similar?
> Thank you,
> Maer
>
|||Thank you. However, I don't want to create a custom resolver since the
ones that come with SQL Server are sufficient for us. What I want is to
create a Conflict Viewer so that after merging has taken place and winners
and losers have been chosen, the user can go there and make changes (to
override the decision if necessary).
I took a look at the chapter and it didn't seem to cover the Conflict
Viewer itself. Please let me know if I should have looked elsewhere.
Thank you for your assistance - Maer
"Hilary Cotter" <hilary.cotter@.gmail.com> wrote in message
news:uaQ$h6FuEHA.1296@.TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> the SQL 2000 resource kit is a good start. They have a chapter devoted to
> this.
> You can also examine the Microsoft SQL Replication Conflict Resolver
> Library.
> "Maer" <maer@.auditleverage.com> wrote in message
> news:O1AjILFuEHA.4040@.TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> winning
> at
> and
> just
>
|||Dang it! How did I misread your post so badly and completely?
There is a conflict viewer class as well. I can't locate it at the moment,
when I find it, I'll post it here.
"Maer" <maer@.auditleverage.com> wrote in message
news:%23CtYEyIuEHA.4040@.TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> Thank you. However, I don't want to create a custom resolver since the
> ones that come with SQL Server are sufficient for us. What I want is to
> create a Conflict Viewer so that after merging has taken place and winners
> and losers have been chosen, the user can go there and make changes (to
> override the decision if necessary).
> I took a look at the chapter and it didn't seem to cover the Conflict
> Viewer itself. Please let me know if I should have looked elsewhere.
> Thank you for your assistance - Maer
>
> "Hilary Cotter" <hilary.cotter@.gmail.com> wrote in message
> news:uaQ$h6FuEHA.1296@.TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
>
|||Library CnfViewer
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Database
Replication\WZCNF.dll
Replication Conflict Viewer
Hilary Cotter
Looking for a SQL Server replication book?
http://www.nwsu.com/0974973602.html
"Hilary Cotter" <hilary.cotter@.gmail.com> wrote in message
news:%23uTP0cJuEHA.3460@.TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...[vbcol=seagreen]
> Dang it! How did I misread your post so badly and completely?
> There is a conflict viewer class as well. I can't locate it at the moment,
> when I find it, I'll post it here.
> "Maer" <maer@.auditleverage.com> wrote in message
> news:%23CtYEyIuEHA.4040@.TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
the[vbcol=seagreen]
winners[vbcol=seagreen]
to[vbcol=seagreen]
reasons:[vbcol=seagreen]
user[vbcol=seagreen]
table[vbcol=seagreen]
publisher[vbcol=seagreen]
table[vbcol=seagreen]
accomplish
>

No comments:

Post a Comment