Saturday, February 25, 2012

Custom Data Ext. Query Editor trouble

I created a custom data extension for reporting services in C#.
The CDE implements a dataset with one datatable now but I can't get it to
display in the query editor in the data tab of the report designer.
Any ideas on what needs to be done to expose it and additional data tables
to the query editor for some easy point and click query building?
thanksHave you added to required entries into the RSReportDesigner.config and
RSReportServer.config?
"paul" wrote:
> I created a custom data extension for reporting services in C#.
> The CDE implements a dataset with one datatable now but I can't get it to
> display in the query editor in the data tab of the report designer.
> Any ideas on what needs to be done to expose it and additional data tables
> to the query editor for some easy point and click query building?
> thanks|||Thanks for the reply.
I did add the necessary entries to the rsreportdesigner.config file.
For viewing the report in VS2005 though, both in the data and preview panes,
I'm not sure why I'd need to add any entries to the rsreportserver.config
file?
"SvdSinner" wrote:
> Have you added to required entries into the RSReportDesigner.config and
> RSReportServer.config?
> "paul" wrote:
> > I created a custom data extension for reporting services in C#.
> >
> > The CDE implements a dataset with one datatable now but I can't get it to
> > display in the query editor in the data tab of the report designer.
> >
> > Any ideas on what needs to be done to expose it and additional data tables
> > to the query editor for some easy point and click query building?
> >
> > thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment