Sunday, March 25, 2012

Customer Passwords in SQL Server

I currently have a table with user passwords
Ideally I want to encrypt these passwords...
I have read in places to use pwdencrypt and pwdcompare as this is a SQL
function. But I have also read the microsoft may update this Hash function,
and may lead to me losing all of my passwords...
Can anybody assist in the correct way to store passwords in a SQL table...
Kind RegardsWhat is your application programmed in? The asp.net security
whitepaper has a section on how to encrypt, salt and store information
securely in a SQL Server database. It's available at
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...ReleaseID=44047
--Mary
On Wed, 1 Sep 2004 01:21:05 -0700, "Jay_Reborn"
<JayReborn@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I currently have a table with user passwords
>Ideally I want to encrypt these passwords...
>I have read in places to use pwdencrypt and pwdcompare as this is a SQL
>function. But I have also read the microsoft may update this Hash function,
>and may lead to me losing all of my passwords...
>Can anybody assist in the correct way to store passwords in a SQL table...
>Kind Regards
>|||If you are using ASP.NET, this article might be helpful to you:
rl]
erik perez
[url]www.solien.com" target="_blank">http://www.dotnetjunkies.com/Tutori...]www.solien.com
"Jay_Reborn" <JayReborn@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:D673C5FE-DB92-4E8B-A598-F843AEE40176@.microsoft.com...
> I currently have a table with user passwords
> Ideally I want to encrypt these passwords...
> I have read in places to use pwdencrypt and pwdcompare as this is a SQL
> function. But I have also read the microsoft may update this Hash
function,
> and may lead to me losing all of my passwords...
> Can anybody assist in the correct way to store passwords in a SQL table...
> Kind Regards
>sql

No comments:

Post a Comment