Sunday, March 25, 2012

Customer Statements

I am trying to develop a "customer statements" type report.
I have no issue creating "one off single customer at a time" versions.
I have an issue reporting groups of customers at a time.
The scenario is this:
Single Parameter = All Customers in Canada (for example)
3 different data sets of info to show on
each customer, 1 for general address info, 1 for
invoices and 1 for payments. It is necessary
for them to be broken into 3 seperate datasets.
How can I have 3 different table each with the
above datasets and have them group on one page,
and then the next page is the next customer...
The issue is my grouping, where do I set to
start a new group after all 3 tables/datasets based
on a customer grouping?
I am debating trying subreports to accomplish this
but was hoping I could get away with using 3 tables.
Any suggestions?You definitely want to use subreports. Have your general in the main report.
I suggest using a list and placing the data in individual text boxes (versus
using the table control). Then have two subreports using the table control.
This is exactly what subreports are designed for. Subreports are your
friend.
Bruce Loehle-Conger
MVP SQL Server Reporting Services
"Chris Patten" <ChrisPatten@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:6B1D0B5C-8DE3-4507-AF7D-E4113D10236E@.microsoft.com...
>I am trying to develop a "customer statements" type report.
> I have no issue creating "one off single customer at a time" versions.
> I have an issue reporting groups of customers at a time.
> The scenario is this:
> Single Parameter = All Customers in Canada (for example)
> 3 different data sets of info to show on
> each customer, 1 for general address info, 1 for
> invoices and 1 for payments. It is necessary
> for them to be broken into 3 seperate datasets.
> How can I have 3 different table each with the
> above datasets and have them group on one page,
> and then the next page is the next customer...
> The issue is my grouping, where do I set to
> start a new group after all 3 tables/datasets based
> on a customer grouping?
> I am debating trying subreports to accomplish this
> but was hoping I could get away with using 3 tables.
> Any suggestions?|||Thanks.
I am trying to implentment your suggestion of using a list (which I have
never used before) and dropping the fields on the body. I am not seeing the
"main area" data populate though, the fields show up blank.
"Bruce L-C [MVP]" wrote:
> You definitely want to use subreports. Have your general in the main report.
> I suggest using a list and placing the data in individual text boxes (versus
> using the table control). Then have two subreports using the table control.
> This is exactly what subreports are designed for. Subreports are your
> friend.
>
> --
> Bruce Loehle-Conger
> MVP SQL Server Reporting Services
> "Chris Patten" <ChrisPatten@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:6B1D0B5C-8DE3-4507-AF7D-E4113D10236E@.microsoft.com...
> >I am trying to develop a "customer statements" type report.
> > I have no issue creating "one off single customer at a time" versions.
> > I have an issue reporting groups of customers at a time.
> >
> > The scenario is this:
> >
> > Single Parameter = All Customers in Canada (for example)
> > 3 different data sets of info to show on
> > each customer, 1 for general address info, 1 for
> > invoices and 1 for payments. It is necessary
> > for them to be broken into 3 seperate datasets.
> >
> > How can I have 3 different table each with the
> > above datasets and have them group on one page,
> > and then the next page is the next customer...
> > The issue is my grouping, where do I set to
> > start a new group after all 3 tables/datasets based
> > on a customer grouping?
> >
> > I am debating trying subreports to accomplish this
> > but was hoping I could get away with using 3 tables.
> >
> > Any suggestions?
>
>

No comments:

Post a Comment