Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Customize ReportViewer Animation

Hello All,
I am developing an application that queries a database for a large
amount of data. The SQL server is not local so the time to query the
data can take some time.
Once I have the data locally, I send it to the ReportViewer to display.
The ReportViewer then shows the "Processing" animation, and displays
the results quickly so the animation is shown for a breif period. The
problem is that it takes a long time to query for the data, but the
ReportViewer animation is only shown for the time it processes the
DataSet.
I was wondering if anyone had experience customizing the ReportViewer
control to prematurely start the ReportViewer "Processing..."
animation. I would like to start the animation before I query the
database for the data so the user is aware that something is happening
during the data query.
I would rather implement my own "Processing..." form, or progress bar,
but if there is no way to control the ReportViewer control animation
that is my backup solution.
Thank you,
bigcoopsDoes anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks.
bigcoops@.hotmail.com wrote:
> Hello All,
> I am developing an application that queries a database for a large
> amount of data. The SQL server is not local so the time to query the
> data can take some time.
> Once I have the data locally, I send it to the ReportViewer to display.
> The ReportViewer then shows the "Processing" animation, and displays
> the results quickly so the animation is shown for a breif period. The
> problem is that it takes a long time to query for the data, but the
> ReportViewer animation is only shown for the time it processes the
> DataSet.
> I was wondering if anyone had experience customizing the ReportViewer
> control to prematurely start the ReportViewer "Processing..."
> animation. I would like to start the animation before I query the
> database for the data so the user is aware that something is happening
> during the data query.
> I would rather implement my own "Processing..." form, or progress bar,
> but if there is no way to control the ReportViewer control animation
> that is my backup solution.
> Thank you,
> bigcoops

No comments:

Post a Comment