Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Customized color in Column chart?

I am using MS Reporting 2000 for Report where in one of the report I am
using column chart. Now I would like to give customized color to each column
in this chart but don't know how to implement it.
Please help me out from this situation!
Thanks,
SachinBasically the only way I have figured it outs is by going to the chart
properties>data tab>edit your value>appearance tab>click series style button
at bottom> fill tab. Once there you can eithere choose a different color
for all the bars or if you want a specific color for each bar showing up you
have to click on the expression button and write a iif statement stating
those colors. If you have any more questions let me know.
"Sachin Punatar" <Sachin Punatar@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:D685EB20-4E10-4214-B62D-7FC932E019EE@.microsoft.com...
>I am using MS Reporting 2000 for Report where in one of the report I am
> using column chart. Now I would like to give customized color to each
> column
> in this chart but don't know how to implement it.
> Please help me out from this situation!
> Thanks,
> Sachin
>|||Ben,
Thanks a tone for your reply.
This is absolutely right. But in my case i am using MS Reporting 2000 where
i am not able to have series style option in Appearance tab in data section.
To come out from this issue I have created one SetColor fuction in code
window of Report property but i am not sure how and where to call this
function so that it will create custom color for series. See Below example:
Public Function SetColor(N As String) As String
Select Case N
Case "Incurred"
Return "#fa8072"
Case "Billable"
Return "#eee8aa"
Case "Billed"
Return "#c0ffc0"
Case "Collected"
Return "#4169e1"
End Select
End Function
Now what i tried to call this function from Data-->Values-->Edit-->Value
property. And i am still not able to get appropriate output.
Please let me know is there any other work around for this.
Thanks in advance.
Sachin Punatar
"Ben Watts" wrote:
> Basically the only way I have figured it outs is by going to the chart
> properties>data tab>edit your value>appearance tab>click series style button
> at bottom> fill tab. Once there you can eithere choose a different color
> for all the bars or if you want a specific color for each bar showing up you
> have to click on the expression button and write a iif statement stating
> those colors. If you have any more questions let me know.
> "Sachin Punatar" <Sachin Punatar@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:D685EB20-4E10-4214-B62D-7FC932E019EE@.microsoft.com...
> >I am using MS Reporting 2000 for Report where in one of the report I am
> > using column chart. Now I would like to give customized color to each
> > column
> > in this chart but don't know how to implement it.
> >
> > Please help me out from this situation!
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Sachin
> >
>
>|||Sachin Punatar wrote:
> > "Sachin Punatar" <Sachin Punatar@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > news:D685EB20-4E10-4214-B62D-7FC932E019EE@.microsoft.com...
> > >I am using MS Reporting 2000 for Report where in one of the report I am
> > > using column chart. Now I would like to give customized color to each
> > > column
> > > in this chart but don't know how to implement it.
> > >
> > > Please help me out from this situation!
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Sachin
Give this a try:
http://blogs.msdn.com/bwelcker/archive/2005/05/20/420349.aspx
(Courtesy of Brian Welcker)
Sean G.|||Sean -
Thanks for your favorable reply.
I have tried out with similar way as it was mentioned in below article:
http://blogs.msdn.com/bwelcker/archive/2005/05/20/420349.aspx
But I am not able to set customized color for each column in the chart.
Please let me know if this requires SP1 or SP2 in my machine.
Because when I tried to call custom function written in code window of
Report property, it returns nothing. I have wrote "code.SetColor(values)" in
Data-->Values-->Edit--> Value tab but i dont think that it is calling custom
funciton properly. I strongly have doubts that it willl require SP1 or SP2 on
my machine.
Please verify and clear my doubts on this.
Seeking for your help.
Thanks in advance,
Sachin Punatar
"SeanGerman@.gmail.com" wrote:
> Sachin Punatar wrote:
> > > "Sachin Punatar" <Sachin Punatar@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > news:D685EB20-4E10-4214-B62D-7FC932E019EE@.microsoft.com...
> > > >I am using MS Reporting 2000 for Report where in one of the report I am
> > > > using column chart. Now I would like to give customized color to each
> > > > column
> > > > in this chart but don't know how to implement it.
> > > >
> > > > Please help me out from this situation!
> > > >
> > > > Thanks,
> > > > Sachin
>
> Give this a try:
> http://blogs.msdn.com/bwelcker/archive/2005/05/20/420349.aspx
> (Courtesy of Brian Welcker)
>
> Sean G.
>sql

No comments:

Post a Comment