Sunday, March 25, 2012

Customising Date Picker

O Great Beings of MSDN,

After much fruitless search I am requesting help on whether there's any way to disable some of the dates in SSRS date picker control.

I have a date parameter in which I want users only be able to select the Fridays. I could show a drop down list of Fridays but that doesn't look too flash, especially when the list has about 2K Fridays.

Any help would be appreciated.

The parameter controls on the standard toolbar cannot be customized. If this is a must have requirement, you need to implement a custom application front end and use the ASP.NET Report Viewer (which is what the Report Manager uses).|||

Thanks Teo,

I think I will have to give up on this one as we already have a custom report protal on which all the RS reports and other reports are displayed. Having another application fire up to collect parameters is not an option for me so that's a bit of bugger.

Hope microsoft can utilise the dataset section in order to provide this in the next service pack. Ie, it would be so much easier if we could have the option of having a list of dates defined in a data set and hence when connected to the datetime parameter, it could use this list to limit the date picker dates that could be chosen by user (having dates that were not in the dataset disabled).

Fortunately the data for this particular report for my company is valid since June 2006 so have implemented the datetime as a drop down list for now (only showing fridays dates after 2006) without the datepicker so the list of Fridays isn't too big just yet.

Totally unsatisfactory from my point of view but that's the best that I could come up with.

No comments:

Post a Comment